Job Title: Commercial Business Champion
Requisition ID: 133168
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate
through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop
to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business
insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to
operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Belux commercial organization is a team of finance professionals with strong business
understanding and good commercial feeling. The team operates as a Deal Desk for the Belgium &
Luxembourg on premise and cloud software business. The team provides support to the sales teams for
structuring and transacting compliant, competitive deals by providing expertise on topics including, but
not limited to, pricing, revenue recognition, contracts, approvals/authorizations and, if required,
supports Sales in negotiations. The end game is to jointly with Sales create bigger, faster, safer deals. The
team closely cooperates with other (virtual) deal supporting and (virtual) back office teams like legal,
regional expert teams and the shared services organization (e.g. contracting, booking, receivables)
The Commercial Business Champion (CBC) is a trusted and recognized business partner within the finance
and sales community who is providing leadership, service, and insight in all commercial related activities.
The CBC will be responsible to support one or more sales teams as a gateway/coordinator to all
commercial related activities including, but not limited to deal structuring, contract creation, approval
process accompaniment, contract clarification to colleagues or customers, solving accounts receivable
He/she works closely with the sales teams and often takes a key role in complex/strategic deals for
approval accompaniment, advising on deal structures, providing pricing information, identifying risk and
revenue recognition issues and finding practical commercial solutions to meet the needs of the business
while keeping the compliance matters at the highest level of standards. For this task, the CBC can rely on
(virtual) teams of subject matter experts involved, such as Legal, Revenue Recognition and Pricing,
Contracting, GRC and SOX if relevant.
He/she coaches and coordinates the shared services organizations responsible for processing the
non-complex volume of commercial contracts/requests for the sales teams assigned to him/her.
The CBC is also supporting colleagues` understanding of SAP offering, go-to-market model, deal
structuring, contracting and further development of the deliveries e.g. new business models.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Single point of contact for all commercial related activities for the assigned sales teams including,
but not limited to deal structuring, contract creation, approval process accompaniment, contract
clarification to colleagues or customers, solving accounts receivable issues, …
• Being a true and trusted business partner for the sales teams to assist them as expert through the
deal creation, deal approval process (Q2C) and contract creation.
• Ability to assess and analyse requirements from different stakeholders (e.g. customer requirements,
sales organization business targets and needs, SAP internal rules and restrictions, financial risks
and compliance matters…) to understand/predict the potential commercial related pitfalls and issues
for every business case that may affect the deal and/or contract with the customer, and suggest
• Proactively pull and orchestrate best resources from various teams to shape and/or review deals
• Advising the Account Executives regarding the standards on Contracting, Pricing and Revenue
• Ensure that the Deal approval process is completed timely and appropriately according to the
Delegation of Authority (DoA)
• Ensure compliance with Corporate guidelines, management policies as well as basic legal
• Preparing contracts based on SAP’s standard template in cooperation with Legal
• Coordination, follow up and coaching of the shared services commercial organizations responsible
for processing the non-complex volume deals generated by the sales teams assigned to him/her.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 8+ years work experience,
• At least 3 years work experience in one or more of the below commercial areas with a proven track
◦ pricing and deal structuring,
◦ rev rec,
◦ risk management,
◦ customer facing activities
• At least 3 years in a senior role
• Basic understanding of most Deal Support and risk management activities during the opportunity
• Experience in working with field sales and service organizations
• Proven experience in engaging and managing Commercial stakeholder requirements
• Proven experience in managing complex projects/tasks
• Working experience with Shared Service Centre (is a preference)
• Sales Experience is a plus
• Understanding of IT business is plus.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• University Degree, Business Administration / Legal / Accounting / Information Technology, MBA is a
• Strong Financial and Analytical skills
• Solution Oriented
• Great ability to work under pressure and competence to manage easily stress and complex
• Comfortable in working in changing and transforming business environments
• Advanced written and spoken English skills, Dutch and French is an advantage (and a must to learn)
• Ability to create and leverage internal (virtual) network in a matrix organization
• Project management skills
• Very good communication and presentation skills
• Exceptional internal and external Customer service skills.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to
leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and
are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please
reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply now :